Monday, October 22, 2007

Bork Bork Bork



So I decided to go all Swedish Chef last night and make home made donuts. I downloaded a 'Krispy Kreme' recipe off the internet and started dancing around the kitchen with a rolling pin shouting "Bork, Bork, Bork, Bork, Bork" and throwing sugar and flour in the air. The girls were quite entertained. I have never made donuts before so I thought it would be a fun experience.


To be honest, after my cooking extravaganza, I don't think that I will ever cook donuts again. I definately will not ever be accused of being 'Homer'esque. And I definately have a new appreciation for anyone who is a Baker for a profession. It took me 4 HOURS to make 3 DOZEN donuts! I also know now why the Swedish Chef couldn't form any words other than BORK BORK BORK BORK. Making donuts would be enough to cause any person to go clinically insane!


Regardless of the pain and suffering in the kitchen last night the donuts turned out OK. And in normal conversation at work today only 3 BORKS leaked out. Can you imagine if I had tried to double the batch! BORK!