Saturday, July 4, 2009

Twins, (W)Under Girls and Green Skies

So... I kind of failed miserably at posting on a monthly basis. Sorry! I got caught up in the facebook world and other internet past times fell by the way side. So, here is the update on the twins. If you don't know by now, they are both girls. So that will make #5 and #6 girls for us. We don't know if they are identical and won't know until they are born. They do both have the same nose though, and it is my nose and not Sara's (so sad for girls to come into the world with an English bubble nose instead of a sleek Italian nose). Sara is at 32 weeks and has started having contractions that are pretty much being controlled by blood pressure medications. She is on bed rest. The doctor says there is a great chance that we are safe for another 2 weeks at least, and optomistic that she can hold out until 36 weeks. We have almost decided on the names. We are going to keep with the tradition of classic names and call them Esther and Polly. Sara truly looks like she is going to split in two any day now. See for yourself.

Audrey is having troubles with potty training. Given the choice of playing and going potty she chooses the former (and let's face it, if it was socially acceptable I think we all would do the same). But in addition to her insatiable desire for fun getting in the way of proper waste disposal, it seems that she has underwear dyslexia. It doesn't matter if we tell her that the unders go on UNDER, because the other girls find it funny and mimic her. So now we call them our Wunder Girls! Something similar to this happened when Eliza was young. She was just learning her colors and, as a joke, I told her the sky was Green and the lawn was Blue. It took Sara 4 months to convince her otherwise.


I will strive to post weekly for the next few in order to keep you all in the know about the progress of Esther and Polly. And we hope you all have a W'under'ful Independence Day!

7 comments:

Denise said...

So glad to see a post. Sara, you look wonderful, keep it up girl!!! I can't imagine carrying two babies at the same time. I can't wait to meet Polly and Esther (darling names). Eric make sure you keep us updated. Your girls are just darling (all of them).

Kawa Rangers said...

YEAH!!!! A blog post! Your girls are getting so big! Good luck Sarah.

The Lunds said...

I was really hoping that you were going to choose Miley and Hannah. But seriously I did think of a classic name for you, Amelia.

Eric said...

So...Polly, Esther....um they are cute names and thanks for the support but together they conjure up thoughts of John Travolta in his 70's style flame resistant white Saturday Night Fever Suit, so that was a joke. We are actually thinking of Jemma and Bella (for real!). And it has nothing to do with Twilight. Bella is an Itallian name and Sara's ancestors came from Italy.

Wendy said...

I totally feel for you Sara!! Hang in there. This is the easy part!lol
Good luck and thanks for the update!!

The Lunds said...

I'm so glad that Polly and Esther were a joke. Travis caught onto it before I did but I was going to let him poke at your for the choice before I said anything.

Denise said...

I really didn't get polly esther until I talked with Wendy today-I am such a ditz. Jemma and Bella are darling names also. So excited to meet those twom.